Here children with speech and language disorders are treated.
Speech disorder is problem with actual production of sounds.
Language disorder is difficulty in understanding and putting together words to communicate ideas.
Various Disorders handled here include:
- Articulation disorders
- Fluency disorders like stuttering
- Resonance or Noise disorders, problems with pitch, volume or quality of sound
- Dysphasia or oral feeding disorders, These include difficulties in eating and swallowing
- Language disorders can be
Therapy given is based on an assessment of the problem in speech and language: The children are classified after assessment as having the following disorders.
- Receptive and Expressive disorder
Children are handled on a one to one basis or in small groups to overcome specific problems.
Various investigative modalities to aid diagnosis and therapy available in our center include:
- Behavior observation audiometer
- Pure tone audiometer
- Speech audiometer
- BERA (Brain Stem Evoked Auditory Responses) Hearing Aid trial and fitting.